Also known as Kopi Cham, this sweetened blend of the world’s favourite hot drinks is an exotic alternative to your regular brew. Enjoy a hot mug for a relaxing break or a winter warm-up. Or, serve it chilled for some sweet summer refreshment. Either way, our motto is: Keep Calm and Cham On!
- 1¾ cup (438 ml) water 1¾ cup (438 ml) water
- 9 tsp (18 g) loose leaf Ceylon black tea, or Pu’erh tea (or 6 tea bags) 9 tsp (18 g) loose leaf Ceylon black tea, or Pu’erh tea (or 6 tea bags)
- ⅓ cup (67 g) Redpath Simply Raw™ Turbinado Sugar ⅓ cup (67 g) Redpath Simply Raw™ Turbinado Sugar
- 1⅔ cups (417 ml) evaporated milk 1⅔ cups (417 ml) evaporated milk
- 1½ cups (375 ml) strong coffee, hot 1½ cups (375 ml) strong coffee, hot
In a pot, combine water with the tea leaves. Over medium heat, bring to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer; 5 minutes. The tea should be quite dark.
Remove pot or turn off heat. Immediately stir in the Redpath Simply Raw™ Turbinado Sugar until sugar is mostly dissolved; 1 minute.
Stir in the evaporated milk. Place the pot back onto medium heat. Bring mixture to a boil, reduce heat to low and simmer; 3 minutes.
Strain tea mixture using a fine-mesh sieve lined with cheesecloth, or remove tea bags, if using.
Pour in the hot coffee; mix thoroughly.
*This drink can be served cold if desired. Chill the tea-coffee mixture and serve over ice. Alternatively, freeze half the mixture in an ice cube tray and use these in place of regular ice.
*Orange Pekoe tea can be used in place of Ceylon tea.