Here’s a way to wake up any dessert, guaranteed! This thick and gooey glaze is decadently sweet and delivers a rich punch of java flavour. It’s incredible on coffee cakes and spiced loaves, or for dipping cake cubes or fresh fruit. Plus, it’s a quick way to turn a store-bought dessert into a café-quality confection.
- ½ cup (108 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed ½ cup (108 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy cream ¼ cup (60 ml) heavy cream
- 3 tbsp (43 g) butter 3 tbsp (43 g) butter
- 2 tsp (2 g) instant espresso 2 tsp (2 g) instant espresso
- ¼ tsp (2 g) salt ¼ tsp (2 g) salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract or coffee liqueur 1 tsp (5 ml) pure vanilla extract or coffee liqueur
In a medium, heavy-bottomed pot, combine the Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, heavy cream, butter, instant espresso, and salt.
Place pot over medium heat and bring to a boil, stirring constantly until sugar and butter melts. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, stirring occasionally; 5 minutes.
Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla extract. Cool completely.
*Use half and half, or milk for a less rich glaze.
*Instant coffee can be used instead of instant espresso with similar results.