The environment is a strategic pillar within our Company, and we are always looking for opportunities to use less water and energy, minimize waste, and reduce our carbon footprint. As one of Canada’s most iconic food brands and as part of ASR Group, a leader in our industry, we embrace the responsibility to do our part.
We are well-positioned to meet your need for mindful and eco-friendly brands. This means your family can smile a little brighter with every bite of the perfect chocolate chip cookie. It means coffee and tea drinkers can feel good about how they sweeten their afternoon cup. And, it means that every celebration feels that much sweeter.
We’re taking the next step in the advancement of our Ethical Sourcing Program working towards having all of our raw sugar being Sustainably Sourced and Ethically Grown – for reference, please review our Ethical Sourcing Policy.
To us, Sustainably Sourced and Ethically Grown means that either all the raw sugar used to craft our products come from sugar mills that are certified against an internationally recognized standard, as outlined here. Or, when trade and agriculture policies limit our access to a full volume of certified sugar, it is purchased from suppliers who have been through our rigorous Ethical Sourcing Program.
Our Corporate Social Responsibility Program is an ongoing commitment to continuous assessment of our supply chain.
For more information about our Ethical Sourcing Program, click here.
We’re updating Redpath packaging with a new icon to reflect our Sustainably Sourced and Ethically Grown commitment. Look for the new green icon on our packaging.
Inside the package, nothing has changed. All of our sugars still taste and function the same way. It’s the same great sugar!
Respect and work towards the highest environmental, social, and governance standards
- Our goal is to eventually source 100% of the raw cane sugar we use from sugar mills certified against an internationally recognized corporate social responsibility standard as further described in our Sustainability Report.
- When trade and agriculture policies limit Redpath’s access to a full volume of certified raw cane sugar, then raw cane sugar is purchased from suppliers who have been through Redpath’s rigorous Ethical Sourcing Program.
- You can read more about these policies by clicking here.
Uphold human rights
- You can read further information about our efforts in this area by clicking on the following:
Have been verified through our rigorous Ethical Sourcing Program
- You can read further information about our efforts in this area by clicking here.
Transparency is part of the fabric of ASR Group’s Corporate Social Responsibility and Sustainability programs. To learn more, please click the link below to download the FY2018 Sustainability Report. Redpath Sugar is part of ASR Group. For more information, visit the ASR Group website.DOWNLOAD