Wonderfully Light & Fluffy Waffles
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- ½ cup (100 g) Redpath ® Granulated Sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 g) baking powder
- 1 tsp (6 g) salt
- 1 tsp (6 g) cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (113 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 cup (250 ml) whole milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- ¾ cup add-ins (we used ¼ cup chopped pecans (23 g), and ½ cup (111 g) chopped strawberries)
How to prepare:
1. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, Redpath Granulated Sugar, baking powder, salt, and cinnamon.
2. In a separate bowl whisk, lightly beat the eggs, then whisk in the melted butter, milk, and vanilla.
3. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry and whisk until smooth.
4. Fold in the add-ins of your choice.
5. Turn on your waffle iron, and let it heat up. As this is a richer batter, you'll want it on medium heat to cook the waffles a little longer. Once the waffle iron is ready, spray with oil or grease with a bit of butter using a foil wrapper. Spoon about ½ cup of batter into the waffle maker. Let the batter cook until bubbles begin to appear on the surface, then close the waffle iron and cook the waffles for another 2 - 4 minutes, until the waffles are a golden brown.
6. Serve warm with your favourite toppings. We love them dusted with Redpath ® Icing Sugar along with a dollop of whipped cream and fresh strawberries.
- Add 2 tablespoon flax, chia, or hemp seeds.
- For chocolate chip waffles, add ¾ cup (235 g) chocolate chips.
- For whole wheat waffles, substitute 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour with 1 cup (119 g) whole wheat flour.
- Add a tablespoon or two of wheat germ.