Sweet Red Pepper Jelly
serves 25 toasts
What you need
- 4 sweet red peppers, cored, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 3 tbsp (30 g) powdered pectin
- ⅔ cup (158 ml) white or cider vinegar
- ½ tsp (3 g) butter or margarine
- 3⅓ cups (666 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar
1. Place the peppers in a food processor and pulse until chopped extremely fine.
2. Transfer the chopped peppers to a large pot with the remaining ingredients, minding to sprinkle the pectin in a little bit at a time to not form clumps.
3. Heat to boiling and continue to boil for about 15 to 18 minutes, stirring constantly.
4. While jelly is still hot, strain and ladle it into hot jars, leaving a quarter inch headspace. Cool completely until set.
5. Can be served up to 3 weeks covered and refrigerated.
- Try this with some whipped goat’s cheese on a water cracker.