Fill your punch bowl up with some of the good stuff! This recipe is party-ready, and prepared in a pinch. This drink simply sparkles, with fresh and effervescent flavours that will leave a lasting impact on any partygoer.
- 1 cup (217 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed 1 cup (217 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup (240 ml) water 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1 cup (40 g) fresh mint leaves 1 cup (40 g) fresh mint leaves
- 2 tbsp (4 g) dried mint 2 tbsp (4 g) dried mint
- 2 tsp (2 g) whole cloves 2 tsp (2 g) whole cloves
- 6 cups (1440 ml) cranberry juice 6 cups (1440 ml) cranberry juice
- 2 cups (480 ml) white rum 2 cups (480 ml) white rum
- 1 cup (240 ml) Aperol 1 cup (240 ml) Aperol
- ½ cup (120 ml) lime juice ½ cup (120 ml) lime juice
- 4 cups (960 ml) soda water 4 cups (960 ml) soda water
- Ice Ice
- Fresh cranberries Fresh cranberries
- Lime slices Lime slices
- Fresh mint Fresh mint
In a medium sauce pan combine the Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, water, fresh mint, dried mint and cloves. Set over medium heat and bring to a simmer for 5 minutes. Set aside and allow to steep for 30 minutes.
Strain syrup through a fine mesh sieve, pressing the solids to extract all the liquid. Discard the solids.
In a large punch bowl with a capacity of at least 4 litres, stir together the cooled syrup, cranberry juice, white rum, Aperol and lime juice. Chill if not serving immediately.
When ready to serve add the soda water and ice. Float optional garnishes on top and serve.
*For a nonalcoholic version, omit the rum and aperol and increase the cranberry juice to 8 cups (1,900 ml) and the soda water to 5 cups (1,200 ml).
*Aperol is a dry Italian aperitif with orange and herbal notes. Campari may be substituted.