Since the best part of a chocolate chip cookie is the chocolate, we went to town with this recipe! Every cookie is filled with creamy nuggets of milk chocolate, with each bite inviting you back for another. It’s an instant classic for dunking and would be a welcome sight in any lunchbox or cookie jar.
- 2½ cups (313 g) all-purpose flour 2½ cups (313 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 tbsp (16 g) cornstarch 2 tbsp (16 g) cornstarch
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt ½ tsp (3 g) salt
- ½ tsp (2 g) baking powder ½ tsp (2 g) baking powder
- ¼ tsp (1 g) baking soda ¼ tsp (1 g) baking soda
- 1 cup (227 g) butter 1 cup (227 g) butter
- 1½ cups (300 g) Redpath® Organic Granulated Sugar 1½ cups (300 g) Redpath® Organic Granulated Sugar
- 1 whole egg 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pure vanilla extract 1 tbsp (15 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp (2 ml) pure almond extract ½ tsp (2 ml) pure almond extract
- 1 cup (170 g) milk chocolate, roughly chopped 1 cup (170 g) milk chocolate, roughly chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Line a large baking sheet or two smaller ones with parchment paper.
In a bowl, whisk the all-purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, and baking soda together until well mixed.
In the bowl of a stand mixer using the paddle attachment, cream the butter with the Redpath® Organic Granulated Sugar until pale and fluffy; 3 minutes.
Lightly whisk the egg and yolk together and add to the bowl, along with the vanilla and almond extracts. Mix until eggs and extracts are incorporated into the batter.
Add half of the dry ingredients into the bowl and mix on low speed until just combined. Add in the remainder of the dry ingredients and mix until fully incorporated; 1 minute.
Stir in the chopped milk chocolate until chunks are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
With a trigger-style ice cream scoop, scoop balls of dough and place onto the prepared baking sheets about 2 inches apart.
Round the balls of dough and with a flat-bottomed drinking glass, very lightly press each ball of dough.
Place baking sheet into the preheated oven and bake for 10 to 12 minutes, or until edges are pale golden in colour and centres are still slightly soft. Remove from oven and allow cookies to cool on the pan. Cookies will continue to bake as they cool.
Store completely cooled cookies in an airtight container, layered between parchment paper, for up to 4 days.
*Make sure ingredients are at room temperature before proceeding with the recipe.
*Use organic ingredients for the listed ingredients. These can be found in the organic aisle in most major grocery stores, and at specialty stores.
*Omit chocolate if a plain sugar cookie is desired.