Individual Pear Pecan Cranberry Baked Oatmeal
30 to 35 minutes
- 1 cup (100 g) oats, large flaked
- 1/4 cup (27 g) pecans, lightly toasted, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup (30 g) dried cranberries, roughly chopped
- 1 tsp (4 g) cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) ginger
- 1/4 tsp (2 g) salt
- 1/8 tsp (1 g) cloves
- 3/4 cup (108 g) cubed pears, peeled
- 1 cup (240 ml) milk
- 3 tbsp (38 g) Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (14 g) butter, melted
Preheat oven to 350°F (177°C). Butter 4 oven-safe ramekins or dishes.
In a large bowl, combine the oats, pecans, cranberries, cinnamon, baking powder, ginger, salt, and cloves; mix well.
Add in the cubed pears, toss to coat.
In a large measuring cup, whisk together milk, 2 tbsp of the Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar, egg, vanilla extract, and melted butter.
Pour the custard mixture over the oats. Mix until custard is evenly spread throughout the dry ingredients. Portion oatmeal into the prepared dishes. Evenly divide and sprinkle the remaining tablespoon of Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar over the individual oatmeal. Place onto a baking sheet and into the preheated oven.
Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until custard is set, and the tops are golden in colour.
Serve immediately. Baked oatmeal can also be served at room temperature or chilled.
*Almonds, hazelnuts, or a mixture of nuts can be substituted for the pecans.
*Any dried fruit (raisins, dried cherries, figs, etc.) can be used in place of the dried cranberries.
*Can be served with a dollop of plain or vanilla yogurt.