Green Tea Financiers
What you need:
- 1 cup (227 g) unsalted butter
- 6 large egg whites
- 1 cup (120 g) Redpath Icing Sugar
- 1/3 cup (37 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (29 g) almond flour or ground blanched almonds
- 1 tbsp (14 g) green tea powder (such as matcha)
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C). Butter 6 financier loaf pans.
Note: If you can't find financier pans, just use mini loaf pans in their stead.
2. Melt butter and set aside to cool.
3. Mix the egg whites and icing sugar together. Add the flour, almond flour, and green tea powder. Mix well, then slowly pour in the melted butter, stirring constantly as you do so.
4. Distribute the batter evenly among the prepared pans, then baked in the preheated oven for 15 minutes, or until the tops spring back when lightly pressed. Let cool in pans for at least 5 minutes before removing from the pans. Transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.