1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Lightly grease paper with unsalted butter.
2. Insert wooden craft sticks into prepared apples.
3. Combine hot water, Redpath® Granulated Sugar, and corn syrup in a medium heavy-bottomed saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook without stirring until a candy thermometer reads 300 ? (149?), this will take approximately 20 to 25 minutes.
4. When temperature is reached, remove saucepan immediately from heat, and stir in the food-colouring. Place beside prepared baking sheet.
5. Quickly dip each apple into the candy syrup, tipping the pan, if necessary, and rotating the apple to ensure all sides are evenly coated. Lift candied apple out of the syrup and allow the excess syrup to drip off before placing onto the greased parchment paper.
6. Let apples cool for about an hour before eating.