Banana Pecan Granola
20 to 25
- 1 ½ cups (132 g) large flaked oats
- ⅔ cup (70 g) chopped pecans
- ¼ cup (22 g) unsweetened dessicated coconut
- 3 tbsp (38 g) Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) orange juice
- 2 tbsp (28 g) butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) honey
- 1 tsp (2 g) orange zest, finely grated
- ½ tsp (2 g) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (2 ml) pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (2 g) salt
- ½ cup (50 g) dried banana chips, broken into pieces
- ¼ cup (30 g) dried cranberries
Preheat oven to 325°F (163°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a large bowl, toss together the oats, pecans, and coconut until well combined.
In a small bowl, whisk together the Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar, orange juice, melted butter, honey, orange zest, cinnamon, vanilla extract, and salt.
Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients. Stir until thoroughly mixed and all dry ingredients are moistened.
Spread mixture evenly in a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Place into preheated oven, stirring every 10 minutes or so until granola is completely dry and golden brown; about 20 to 25 minutes.
Take out of oven; cool for about 20 minutes on baking sheet.
To the still warm granola, add the banana chips and cranberries and combine. Allow to cool completely before storing in an airtight container. Keeps for about 1 month, or several months if frozen.
*When baking the granola, spread the granola in a single layer and with a spatula draw an “X” through the granola. The “X” will speed up the browning and drying process of the granola.
*Substitute any dried fruit or nuts for the ones listed in the recipe.
*Use as a topping for yogurt or fresh fruits, or with any milk of choice.