Sweet and Spicy Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 3 packets (42 g) Redpath© Brown & Maple Sugars
- 1 tsp (4 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp (6 g) salt
- 1/2 tsp (4 g) cayenne
- 1/4 tsp (1 g) ground nutmeg
- 2 cups (275g) pumpkin seeds
- 2 tbsp (28 g) butter, melted
Preheat oven to 300F (149C). Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
In a small bowl, combine the Redpath© Brown and Maple Sugars, cinnamon, cayenne, salt, and nutmeg until thoroughly mixed. Set aside.
In a medium bowl, toss the raw pumpkin seeds with the melted butter until evenly coated. Sprinkle the sugar mixture over the pumpkin seeds, toss to coat.
Evenly spread the coated pumpkin seeds onto the prepared baking sheet, ensuring seeds are in a single layer.
Place into the preheated oven. Bake for 50 minutes, or until pumpkin seeds are crisp and golden brown. Stir every 10 minutes to ensure even roasting.
Remove from oven. Serve warm or cool completely and store in an airtight container.
- To easily separate seeds from the pumpkin flesh, place seeds into a colander and rinse under cold running water. Dry pumpkin seeds in 185F (85C) oven for 30 minutes.
- Omit or halve the amount of cayenne if desired.