Summer Berry Sangria
What you need:
- 1/3 cup (67 g) Redpath Instant Dissolving Sugar + 1/3 cup (79 mL) water
- 1 1/2 + 1/2 cup (255 + 85 g) fresh blueberries, divided
- 1 cup (140 g) pitted & halved fresh cherries
- 1 750 mL bottle fruity rosé
- 2/3 cup (158 mL) orange juice
- 1/2 cup (118 mL) bourbon (optional)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) orange liqueur
- 1 lemon
How to prepare:
1. Wash blueberries and gently pat dry with a towel.
2. Place 1 1/2 cups of the washed blueberries in a blender. Add the Instant Dissolving Sugar and the water to the blueberries, then blend on high until smooth.
3. Set a strainer over a bowl and pour the blueberry puree into it. Strain the juice into the bowl, using a spoon or spatula to press down the blueberry pulp to extract as much juice as possible. Discard the blueberry skins.
4. Pour blueberry liquid into a large pitcher, then stir in the orange juice, rosé, orange liqueur, and bourbon (if using).
5. Slice the lemon in half, squeeze the juice from one half into the sangria mixture, and slice the other half into thin slices.
6. Add remaining 1/2 cup of blueberries along with the sliced cherries and lemon slices to the sangria. Stir, then refrigerate until chilled, at least 2 hours or overnight.
7. To serve, fill glasses with ice before filling with sangria. Garnish with extra blueberries, cherries, and lemon slices if you so desire.