What you need for the crust
- 2 cups (220 g) graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup (118 ml) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (54 g) packed Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar
- pinch of salt
What you need for the filling
- ¾ cup (177 ml) heavy cream
- ¾ cup (177 ml) milk
- ½ cup (283 g) semisweet chocolate, chopped
- ½ tsp (2 ml) vanilla extract
- pinch of salt
- 2 eggs, whisked
- 10 – 15 large marshmallows
How to prepare the crust
1. Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C).
2. In a medium mixing bowl, stir together the graham cracker crumbs, melted butter, sugar and salt until evenly coated. Press mixture into a greased 9-inch (23-cm) pie plate. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
How to prepare the filling
1. In a medium saucepan, whisk together cream and milk. Warm over medium-low heat. Remove from heat and add chocolate and stir until it has completely melted and is smooth.
2. Slowly add in vanilla and whisked eggs, and whisk until smooth.
3. Pour chocolate filling into baked pie crust. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until chocolate filling is set and does not jiggle when pie is lightly shaken. Remove from oven.
4. Using kitchen shears or a knife, cut marshmallows in half. Place halves in concentric circles over the top of the pie until covered.
5. Lower oven rack to the middle position, and set oven to the lowest broil setting. Place pie on the rack and lightly toast the marshmallows. We recommend pulling them out of the oven the second you see them beginning to turn slightly golden. You can also use a kitchen torch to toast the marshmallows instead, should you have one handy.
6. Chill pie in the freezer to set for 2 to 3 hours.
- Keep this pie in the freezer pre-sliced as a frozen treat.