Soft, chewy, and ready in 6 minutes. Whats not to love about these microwave caramels? Enjoy these as a quick snack or wrap them in parchment paper for a perfect Halloween gift.
Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar
With a deeper caramel taste, it adds body to rich, decadent sweets like ganache, brownies, and gingerbread, or mocha anything. It’s also the classic choice for BBQ sauces and marinades, syrups, and more.
Redpath® Granulated Sugar Carton
If pantry space is at a premium, we have the solution. Pour easily from the spout straight into your coffee, tea, or measuring cup without making a mess.
- flaky sea salt to sprinkle on top (optional) flaky sea salt to sprinkle on top (optional)
- ½ cup (100 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar ½ cup (100 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup (108 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed ½ cup (108 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- ¼ cup (57 g) unsalted butter, softened ¼ cup (57 g) unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup (120 ml) golden corn syrup (or any type of corn syrup can be used) ½ cup (120 ml) golden corn syrup (or any type of corn syrup can be used)
- ½ cup (120 ml) sweetened condensed milk ½ cup (120 ml) sweetened condensed milk
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt ½ tsp (3 g) salt
Lightly grease a 8" x 8” and line with foil or parchment paper.
In a medium-sized microwaveable bowl, stir together all ingredients to combine (some larger pieces of butter are fine).
Cook in microwave six minutes on high, stopping to stir after every two minutes. After six minutes, check the temperature with a candy thermometer, and if it’s below 245°F (118°C) continue cooking in thirty second intervals until 245°F (118°C) is reached. If no thermometer is available a teaspoon of caramel can be dropped into a glass of cold water and should form a soft, pliable ball.
Carefully pour caramel into lined dish and sprinkle with flaky salt, if desired. Let cool at room temperature for at least two hours.
When cooled, release caramels from pan and cut into desired size and wrap in wax or parchment paper. Caramels can be stored at room temperature in an airtight container for up to one week.