Candied Chinese Five Spice Peanuts
What you need:
- 1/3 cup (63 g) Redpath Dark Brown Sugar
- 2/3 cup (134 g) Redpath Granulated White Sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp (9 g) salt
- 1 1/2 tsp (9 g) Chinese five spice powder
- 3 1/2 cups (511 g) blanched peanuts
- 1 large egg white
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
Chinese Five Spice Candied Nuts
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). Line one large or two small baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together the granulated sugar, brown sugar, salt and Chinese five spice powder, then set aside.
3. Whisk the egg white and water together until frothy.
4. Add the peanuts to the egg white mixture and stir until all the nuts are evenly coated
5. Pour the sugar mixture over the nuts and stir until all of the nuts are evenly coated.
6. Spread the sugared nuts onto the parchment-lined pans, then bake in the oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven, separating the nuts as they cool. Once completely cooled, break up any pieces that have fuzed together. Pour into a bowl and serve.