3 Ingredient Strawberry Jam (No Pectin)
4 (250mL) jars
What you need:
- 4 1/2 cups (553 g) strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) lemon juice
- 4 cups (800 g) of Redpath Granulated Sugar
3 Ingredient Strawberry Jam
How to prepare:
1. Crush fruit, then add lemon juice and sugar. Stir together.
2. Cook over low heat until the sugar is dissolved.
3. Turn heat up to high and bring mixture to a boil. Cook for 15 - 20 minutes, until mixture thickens and darkens in colour, or until mixture reaches 220°F (105°C) on a candy thermometer.
4. Transfer to sterilized jars, leaving 1 cm of space at the top. Seal and store.
- Making jam without pectin is easy, you just have to cook it longer.
- This recipe produces a very thick, rich tasting jam, but if you like your jam a bit looser, cook it 5 minutes less than the suggested cooking time.