A fresh and beautiful dessert that's adaptable for any season! The crust is made with a combination of granola and Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, and it has a rich, complex and delicious flavour. It's the perfect bed for a chilled yogurt filling. Top it with a selection of your favourite fruits and berries for a customized creation!
For the crust:
- 3 cups (282 g) granola of choice 3 cups (282 g) granola of choice
- ¼ cup (31 g) all-purpose flour ¼ cup (31 g) all-purpose flour
- 3 tbsp (41 g ) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed 3 tbsp (41 g ) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- ½ tsp (3 g) salt ½ tsp (3 g) salt
- ⅓ cup (76 g) unsalted butter, melted ⅓ cup (76 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
For the filling:
- 1 packet / 2 ¼ tsp (8 g) unflavoured powdered gelatine 1 packet / 2 ¼ tsp (8 g) unflavoured powdered gelatine
- ¼ cup (60 ml) cold water ¼ cup (60 ml) cold water
- 2½ cups (600 ml) plain Greek yogurt 2½ cups (600 ml) plain Greek yogurt
- ¾ cup (90 g) Redpath® Icing Sugar ¾ cup (90 g) Redpath® Icing Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- zest of 1 lemon zest of 1 lemon
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp (2 g) salt ¼ tsp (2 g) salt
- 3 cups (720 ml) chopped fresh fruit, for topping 3 cups (720 ml) chopped fresh fruit, for topping
For the crust:
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Grease a 9 inch (23 centimetre) tart tin with a removable bottom. Line the bottom with a round of parchment paper and grease the paper.
Place the granola, flour, Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar and salt in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
With the food processor running, pour in the butter and water and process until mixture comes together; about 30 to 45 seconds.
Press mixture evenly into the prepared tin and place in freezer for 20 minutes.
Line the chilled tart dough with a piece of parchment, and weigh down with dry beans or pie weights. Place tin on a baking sheet.
Bake in oven for 20 minutes. Remove weights and parchment and bake an additional 10 minutes.
Remove and gently press down with a spoon on any parts that may have puffed up during baking. Set aside to cool completely.
For the filling:
Place the water in a small bowl and sprinkle the gelatin over the surface. Set aside and let bloom for 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, in a large bowl, stir together the yogurt, Redpath® Icing Sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest and vanilla until smooth.
Once the gelatin has bloomed, heat the mixture in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Remove and stir. If gelatin is not fully dissolved, repeat microwaving in 5 second increments just until gelatin has dissolved.
While whisking, pour the dissolved gelatin into the yogurt mixture. Whisk for 30 seconds.
Pour the yogurt filling into the cooled crust and smooth top with an offset spatula.
Cover with plastic wrap and chill for a minimum of 4 hours or up to overnight. Garnish with fresh fruit before slicing and serving.
*When using a tart tin with a removable bottom, place on a baking sheet before baking. This will prevent the bottom from shifting and causing the crust to crack when removing from the oven.
*For the fruit topping, we used a mixture of blueberries, raspberries, golden berries, figs and green grapes.