1. Place the pinch of saffron into the rose water and set aside.
2. Make simple syrup: In a medium saucepan heat sugar and water to a boil and when sugar is completely dissolved remove from heat and set aside.
3. In a large saucepan bring milk and cream to a boil and then reduce to a simmer. Simmer the cream and milk until it is reduced to half of it's original quantity.
4. Cut bread slices into half to create triangles. Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Preheat the oven to 350°F (175°C).
5. In a shallow pan heat the ghee to a high temperature and fry bread for 2-3 seconds on each side. The bread should be golden brown in colour. Place the fried bread onto paper towel to allow some of the ghee from the bread to be soaked into the paper towel.
6. Next, place each bread slice into the simple syrup for 30 seconds. Drain and place onto the baking sheet. Continue with steps 5 & 6 until all the sliced bread is on the parchment lined tray.
7. Pour the thickened milk over the bread slices. Sprinkle with pistachios, and almonds.
8. Using a pastry brush gently sprinkle the saffron and rose water mixture over the bread.
9. Place the tray in the preheated oven and bake for 5 minutes. It is best when it is served warm.