Strawberry Jam with Pectin
8 (250 mL) jars
What you need:
- 4 1/2 cups (553 g) strawberries (fresh or frozen)
- 2 tbsp (25 mL) lemon juice
- 1 package (28.5 g) of fruit pectin crystals
- 7 cups (1400 g) of Redpath Granulated Sugar
How to prepare:1. In a large pot, combine fruit, pectin, and lemon juice. Crush fruit using potato masher or pastry cutter.
2. Bring to a boil over high heat, stirring constantly.
3. Once the mixture is boiling, add the sugar and stir in. Let boil for one minute, stirring constantly.
4. Remove from heat and skim foam off the top.
5. Pour into sterilized jars leaving 1 cm of space at the top. Seal and store.
- This recipe works best with strawberries but feel free to try other fruits. You may need to adjust the sugar to suit your tastes.
- You can use fresh or frozen strawberries and get excellent results with either.