1. Grease a 9 inch (23 centimetre) springform pan and line the bottom with parchment paper. Grease the parchment paper, as well.
2. Whisk together the flour, cornstarch and salt until well-combined.
3. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, or with an electric mixer, beat the sugar and almond paste on medium speed until crumbly; about 3 minutes.
4. Add the butter and beat until mixture is pale and fluffy; 5 minutes.
5. Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating in each egg fully before adding the next.
6. Beat in the rum and vanilla.
7. Reduce speed to low and sift in the flour mixture. Beat until just-combined.
8. In a separate, clean bowl, beat the egg whites to soft peaks. Add the 2 tablespoons (25 grams) of Redpath® Granulated Sugar and beat to firm peaks.
9. Whisk a large spoonful of the egg whites into the batter to loosen it. Gently fold in the rest of the egg whites (in 3 separate additions).
10. Preheat the broiler on high and place oven rack in the lowest position.
11. Warm ½ cup (155 grams) apricot jam in the microwave until smooth.
12. Spoon ½ cup (120 ml) of the batter into the pan and spread to cover bottom of the pan with a pastry brush
13. Place pan under the broiler until the batter turns a deep golden brown; 1 to 2 minutes. Repeat until you have 3 layers.
14. Spread the third layer with about 3 tablespoons (19 grams) of apricot jam.
15. Repeat spreading the batter, broiling the layers and spreading jam every 3 layers until all the batter has been used (you should have about 10 cake layers).
16. Allow cake to completely cool in the pan.
17. Warm the remaining 1/2 cup (155 grams) of apricot jam and pass through a sieve.
18. Remove cake from pan and spread top and sides with the strained apricot jam. Chill in the refrigerator while preparing the glaze.