Salted Caramel Fondue
What you need:
- 1/2 cup (110 g) Redpath Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/3 cup (79 ml) light corn syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) whipping cream
- 2 tbsp (30 g) unsalted butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp (2 g) kosher salt
- Assorted dessert dippers, such as sliced fresh fruit, marshmallows, brownies, or wafer cookies
How to prepare:
1. In a small saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, whipping cream, and butter.
2. Melt everything together and bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring occasionally. When the mixture starts to boil, reduce heat to medium-low and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
3. Turn off heat and stir in the vanilla and salt. Transfer to a fondue pot and serve warm with your favourite dippers. We love this salted caramel with sliced fresh apples, bananas, strawberries, and marshmallows, but feel free to serve it with whatever you like.