- 4 egg yolks
- 1 cup (250 ml) 35% cream
- 1 cup (200 g) Redpath® Organic Granulated Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) brandy
- 1½ lb (750 g) pressed cottage cheese
- ½ lb (250 g) cream cheese at room temperature
- ¾ cup (115 g) mixed dried fruit
- ½ cup (50 g) sliced blanched almonds
Whisk eggs yolks in a medium bowl until pale yellow and slightly thickened.
Heat cream and Redpath® Organic Granulated Sugar in a medium pot over medium heat until sugar has dissolved and mixture is starting to steam. Slowly whisk half the mixture into egg yolks; add back to pot. Cook, stirring constantly until thickened; about 4-5 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and allow custard to cool to room temperature.
Place cottage cheese, cream cheese, and brandy in a large mixing bowl. Beat with a hand mixer until smooth. Beat in cooled custard until just combined, fold in dried nuts and fruit.
Line a large 6 cup popover tin with overhanging cheesecloth. Divide mixture between cups, gently pressing down as you add more mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for 24 hours
Using overhanging cheesecloth to turn cakes over onto serving plate. Garnish with extra fried fruits and nuts.
* For a creamier consistency, blend cottage cheese, cream cheese, and brandy in a blender until smooth.