1 cup lemon curd
What you need:
- 1/4 cup (56 g) unsalted butter
- 1 cup (200 g) Redpath Granulated Sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2/3 cup (146 mL) fresh lemon juice, approx. 4 lemons
1. In a large bowl, set the 1/4 cup of butter and place a mesh strainer overtop. Set aside.
2. Combine fresh lemon juice, eggs, egg yolks, and sugar in a large saucepan. Whisk constantly over medium heat until it begins to thicken. This will take 10 - 15 minutes.
3. Remove from the heat and pour into the strainer over top of butter. Once you've strained the lemon mixture, remove the strainer and stir into the butter until it's completely melted.
4. Place in a resealable container and let cool for 40 minutes before using. The curd will last for up to one week.