Iced Turmeric (Golden Milk) Latte
- 2 cups (500 ml) almond milk, unsweetened
- 1 (2 ½ inch / 8 cm) piece peeled fresh turmeric
- 1 (1 inch / 2 ½ cm) piece peeled fresh ginger
- ¼ cup (56 g) Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 vanilla bean, split
- ¼ tsp (1 g) salt
- ½ tsp (1 g) ground cinnamon
Place all ingredients in a medium pot.
Bring to a simmer over medium heat, reduce heat to low and allow to cook for 15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat and let cool to room temperature.
Discard cinnamon stick and vanilla bean. Transfer mixture to a blender and blend until smooth. Place in the refrigerator and allow to cool completely.
Fill 4 tall glasses with ice, and divide chilled turmeric latte between glasses. Garnish with ground cinnamon and serve.
* If you can’t find fresh turmeric you can use 1 tsp (3 g) of powdered turmeric in its place
* Regular dairy milk can be used in place of almond milk
* To split a vanilla bean use a paring knife and make a vertical split, being careful not to go all the way through the bean, down the entire length of the middle of the bean. Gently open up like a book. If you can’t find a vanilla bean use 1 tsp (5 ml) of vanilla extract in its place