Homemade Ice Cream Sandwiches
What you need:
- 1/2 cup + 2 tbsp (155mL) butter
- 1 cup (250mL) Redpath Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250mL) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup + 2 tbsp (90mL) cocoa
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup (250mL) chocolate chips
- Vanilla ice cream
1) Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2) In large mixing bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3) Add eggs and vanilla and beat well.
4) In a separate bowl, whisk together flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt. Stir into cream mixture.
5) Fold in chocolate chips.
6) Drop by spoonfuls onto parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
7) Bake 8-9 minutes. Do not overbake, cookies will be soft.
8) Cool for 5 minutes on baking sheet and then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
9) Once cookies are fully cool, add a scoop of vanilla ice cream between two cookies and serve!