Gluten-Free Citrus Mug Cake
2 mug cakes
What you need
- 1 ½ cups (144 g) almond flour
- 4 tbsp (50 g) Redpath ® Granulated Sugar
- zest of 2 large oranges or grapefruits
- 1 ½ tbsp (22 ml)of orange or grapefruit juice
- 2 tsp (10 g) baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp (28 g) butter, melted
- ¼ cup (50 g) whipped cream
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
How to prepare
- In a medium bowl, whisk almond flour, Redpath® Granulated Sugar, half of the citrus zest, pinch of salt, and baking powder.
- Add citrus juice, melted butter, and egg. Stir until well combined.
- Divide mixture between two microwave safe mugs. Microwave each separately for 1 minute and 20 seconds.
- While your cakes are cooking, segment your citrus fruit to use as garnish.
- Remove mugs from microwave and allow to cool for 2 minutes.
- While waiting for the mugs to cool, add the cinnamon to the whipped cream in a cool bowl.
- Add pieces of grapefruit, whipped cream, and leftover citrus zest to top of the mug cake.