Frozen Toasted Coconut Mango Treats on a Stick
What you need for the mango purée
- 2½ cups (600 g) mango chunks, fresh or frozen
- ½ cup (118 ml) simple syrup
What you need for the coconut milk
- ½ cup (168 g) sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 cup (225 ml) canned coconut milk
- 2 tbsp (24 g) Redpath Instant Dissolving Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) full fat yogurt
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) water
How to prepare
1. In a 350°F (176°C), toast coconut flakes for 10 to 15 minutes until brown and fragrant. Allow to cool.
2. In a blender or food processor, purée mango chunks and simple syrup until smooth. Transfer to a bowl and set aside.
3. In another bowl, combine coconut milk, sugar, yogurt, water and toasted coconut flakes. Stir until combined.
4. Pour 1 tbsp (15 ml) of mango purée into each mold. Place in freezer for 15 minutes until almost solid.
5. Remove mold from freezer, add 1 tbsp (15 ml) coconut purée to molds. Place in freezer for 10 minutes. Add 1 tbsp (15 ml) mango purée. Insert wooden sticks into molds. Freeze for another 10 minutes. Pour remaining coconut purée into molds until liquid reaches the top mold.
6. Return mold to the freezer. Freeze for at least 4 hours to fully set.
- For an adult treat, you can make this recipe in ice cube trays and combine 6 mango/coconut cubes with 2 oz. (59 ml) of rum in a lowball glass. Just complete one layer of mango/coconut milk.