Frostings 101: Cream Cheese Frosting
Makes about 2 cups.
5 - 10 minutes
What you need:
- 8 oz (340 g) cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/4 cup (57 g) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 2 - 4 cups (240 - 680 g) Redpath Icing Sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
How to prepare:
1. In a large bowl, beat together the cream cheese and butter until smooth.
2. Beat in the icing sugar, one cup at a time, until you achieve your desired consistency. For a stiffer icing, add the full four cups of icing sugar.
3. Stir in the vanilla extract until well blended. Use immediately, or store covered in the refrigerator until ready to use. Just be sure to let the frosting come to room temperature before using, otherwise it will be too stiff and difficult to work with.
For more great frosting recipes, be sure to check out the rest of our Frostings 101 recipes: