What you need for the Lime Simple Syrup
- 1 cup (200 g) Redpath ® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) water
- 1 cup (250 mL) freshly squeezed lime juice (8 - 12 limes)
What you need for the Margaritas
- 1 batch Margarita Mix
- ¾ cup (6 oz/175 mL) white tequila
- ½ cup (125 mL) orange liqueur
- Redpath ® Granulated Sugar for frosted rims (optional)
- lime wedges for garnish (optional)
How to prepare the Lime Simple Syrup
- Combine the sugar and water in a small sauce pan and place over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally until the sugar has completely dissolved to make a simple syrup. Set aside and let cool.
2. Juice all of the limes. We recommend juicing them over a mesh sieve in order to prevent any seeds or pulp from getting into the mix.
3. Stir together the lime juice and the simple syrup. If not using right away, store in a sealed glass jar in the fridge. The mix will keep well for 7 – 10 days.
How to prepare the Margaritas
- Stir together the mix, tequila, and orange liqueur.
2. To frost the rims of your glasses, pour about 1/2 cup (100 g) of sugar onto a plate. Dip the rim of your glass in a bowl of water, then press into the sugar to coat the rim. Lift up the glass, shake gently, then set aside. Repeat this step with each margarita glass.
3. Pour the margaritas mixture over ice, and serve with lime wedges for garnish (if you so desire)