Every baker needs a sweet secret weapon — make yours homemade cinnamon sugar! It’s so easy to make and to store, and there’s no end of uses. Try all three mixes for different flavours and moods, and keep a few jars handy; you never know when it might come in handy!
- 1 cup (217 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed 1 cup (217 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 cup (217 g) Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar, packed 1 cup (217 g) Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar, packed
- 1 cup (200 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar 1 cup (200 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar
- 9 tablespoons (72 g) ground cinnamon, divided 9 tablespoons (72 g) ground cinnamon, divided
- Kitchen scale OR dry measuring cups Kitchen scale OR dry measuring cups
- Measuring spoons Measuring spoons
- Medium bowls x 3 Medium bowls x 3
- Whisk Whisk
- Funnel (optional) Funnel (optional)
- Airtight glass containers OR jars x 3 Airtight glass containers OR jars x 3
Add the Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, the Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar, and the Redpath® Granulated Sugar in 3 separate bowls.
Add 3 tablespoons (24 grams) of ground cinnamon to each bowl of sugar.
With a whisk, mix the Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar and cinnamon together until the cinnamon is evenly distributed. Repeat process with the Redpath® Golden Yellow and the Redpath® Granulated Sugars.
Place a funnel over the opening of a jar or airtight container if the opening is narrow. Pour or scoop each of the cinnamon sugar mixtures into separate containers. Cover tightly with a lid. Label each cinnamon sugar mixture. Keeps for several months if stored in a cool, dry location away from sources of heat and light.
*For a more intense cinnamon sugar mixture, add an additional tablespoon of ground cinnamon to each sugar mixture. For a less cinnamon-forward mixture, use only 1 or 2 tablespoons of ground cinnamon for each cup of sugar.
*Whip the cinnamon sugar mixtures into heavy cream for a flavoured whipped cream, or sprinkle over the whipped cream (e.g. for pumpkin, blueberry, and apple pies).
*Use as a dip for fruit (e.g. apples, pears, plums, peaches, bananas).
*Sprinkle buttercream-topped cupcakes or cakes with any of these cinnamon sugar mixtures for added spice, sweetness, and caramel-like flavour if using the brown sugar/cinnamon mixtures.
*Rim cocktail glasses with cinnamon sugar for added warmth and sweetness in mixed drinks.