Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- 1 1/2 cups (37 5mL) all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (7 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (1 mL) salt
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) Redpath® Granulated White Sugar
- 1/2 cup(125 mL) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large or 3 small/medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) milk
- 1 cup (250 mL) semisweet chocolate chips, as well as more for sprinkling
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (176°C). Line 12 muffin cups with paper or foil liners.
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
3. In a separate bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add the mashed bananas, egg, vanilla extract, and milk to the butter and sugar mixture.
5. Add the dry ingredients to the wet, and stir until just combined.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips.
7. Fill muffin liners about 3/4 full.
8. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Let muffins cool in the pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to wire racks to cool completely.