Chewy Brownie Cookies
What you need:
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- a pinch of salt
- 8 oz (225 g) bittersweet chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) Redpath Granulated White Sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 6 oz (170 g) dark chocolate chunks
- 2 cups (500 mL) nuts, roughly chopped into large chunks (hazelnuts or almonds work nicely)
How to prepare:
1. Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Whisk together the flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
3. Chop the chocolate. Place chopped chocolate and butter in a medium-sized saucepan and melt together over low heat. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside.
4. Whisk together the eggs, Redpath Granulated White Sugar and vanilla.
5. Briskly whisk a small amount of the melted chocolate into the egg mixture, then slowly add in the remaining chocolate while whisking.
6. Stir in the flour mixture, then the chocolate chunks and nuts.
7. Drop cookies by heaping spoonfuls onto a prepared baking sheet, about 2 inches (5 cm) apart. Bake for 11-14 minutes and cool on wire racks. Makes 24 cookies.