Blended Honeydew Mojito
4 (12 oz) servings
- 2 tbsp + ⅓ cup (25 g + 66 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 g) coarse salt
- 5 cups (650 g) cubed honeydew melon
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup (180 ml) white rum
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh mint leaves, packed
- 2 cups (260 g) ice
- 1 cup (240 ml) sparkling water
- 4 12 oz (360 milliliter) glasses
- lime wedges, mint sprigs, for garnish
Stir together 2 tablespoons (25 grams) of Redpath® Granulated Sugar and salt on a small plate.
Run a wedge of lime around the rim of each glass, then dip the rim in the sugar mixture to coat.
Add the ⅓ cup (66 grams) of Redpath® Granulated Sugar, the melon, lime juice, rum, and mint leaves to a blender. Blend on high speed until sugar is dissolved. Add the ice and blend until smooth; should take about 2 minutes.
Divide evenly among prepared glasses.
Top each glass with ¼ cup (60 milliliters) of soda water and garnish with a lime wheel and a sprig of mint.
- If any mojito mixture is left over, freeze in popsicle molds for a frozen treat
- To make a non-alcoholic version, simply eliminate the rum
- Try substituting tequila for the rum!