Add something refreshing to your “honey-do” list with our take on a classic mojito! Fresh honeydew blends in seamlessly to this traditional summer cocktail. Consider it a well-earned reward for when the chores are done, even if you didn’t do any!
- 2 tbsp + ⅓ cup (25 g + 66 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar 2 tbsp + ⅓ cup (25 g + 66 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 g) coarse salt ¼ tsp (1 g) coarse salt
- 5 cups (650 g) cubed honeydew melon 5 cups (650 g) cubed honeydew melon
- ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh lime juice ¾ cup (180 ml) fresh lime juice
- ¾ cup (180 ml) white rum ¾ cup (180 ml) white rum
- ½ cup (20 g) fresh mint leaves, packed ½ cup (20 g) fresh mint leaves, packed
- 2 cups (260 g) ice 2 cups (260 g) ice
- 1 cup (240 ml) sparkling water 1 cup (240 ml) sparkling water
Stir together 2 tablespoons (25 grams) of Redpath® Granulated Sugar and salt on a small plate.
Run a wedge of lime around the rim of each glass, then dip the rim in the sugar mixture to coat.
Add the ⅓ cup (66 grams) of Redpath® Granulated Sugar, the melon, lime juice, rum, and mint leaves to a blender. Blend on high speed until sugar is dissolved. Add the ice and blend until smooth; should take about 2 minutes.
Divide evenly among prepared glasses.
Top each glass with ¼ cup (60 milliliters) of soda water and garnish with a lime wheel and a sprig of mint.
*If any mojito mixture is left over, freeze in popsicle molds for a frozen treat
*To make a non-alcoholic version, simply eliminate the rum
*Try substituting tequila for the rum!