Cauliflower is definitely a vegetable that doesn't get enough praise. This herb roasted and glazed cauliflower is packed with flavour. It can be enjoyed year round as cauliflower is easily found at most grocery stores.
- 1 head of cauliflower 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tbsp (15 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar 1 tbsp (15 g) Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp (2 g) salt 1 tsp (2 g) salt
- 1 tsp (2 g) ground black pepper 1 tsp (2 g) ground black pepper
- ½ tsp (1 g) chopped thyme ½ tsp (1 g) chopped thyme
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice 2 tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- 2 tsp (8 g) prepared dijon mustard 2 tsp (8 g) prepared dijon mustard
- ¼ cup (60 g) ranch dressing ¼ cup (60 g) ranch dressing
- ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil ¼ cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 chive, minced 1 chive, minced
Preheat oven to 400°F (205°C).
Remove leaves from cauliflower. Brush outside of cauliflower generously with 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Place in oven-safe dish and roast for 40 minutes or until surface is golden.
Prepare glaze. In bowl, mix remaining ingredients, not including the ranch dressing and chives, until combined. Remove golden brown cauliflower from oven. Brush with glaze. Return to oven for 5 minutes.
Remove from oven and cut into bite sized pieces. Serve with ranch dressing topped with freshly minced chives.
*In the summertime, you can place it on a cast iron pan and cook it on the barbecue.