Ginger and Mint Citrus Salad
Serves 8 to 10 people
What you need
- 4 navel oranges
- 2 pink grapefruits
- 1 lemon
- 1 lime
- 1 cup (200g) Redpath ® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (250ml) water
- 1 piece of ginger root, peeled & sliced into rounds
- ½ cup fresh mint leaves, torn
- 1 piece star anise
How to prepare
1. In a small pot combine Redpath Granulated Sugar, water, star anise, and sliced ginger. Bring to a boil. Remove from heat once sugar is dissolved. Add half ¼ cup mint leaves. Cool then strain the liquid, discarding solids.
2. Remove outer skin from all citrus fruit, including the white pith. Discard skin. Slice citrus into ¼” thick rounds. Place in a large bowl and toss with remaining ¼ cup mint leaves.
3. Drizzle cooled syrup over the fruit 2 tablespoons at a time, tossing fruit and adding more syrup as needed.