Give your scones the Royal treatment with our smooth and dreamy clotted cream! The rich taste adds a layer of regal decadence to your favourite baked goodies without being too sweet. You’ll feel like a proper Lady or Lord with a jar at the ready when it’s time for tea!
- ⅓ cup (75 g) mascarpone cheese ⅓ cup (75 g) mascarpone cheese
- 1 tbsp (14 g) butter, room temperature 1 tbsp (14 g) butter, room temperature
- ¾ cup (190 ml) heavy cream ¾ cup (190 ml) heavy cream
- ¼ cup (50 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar ¼ cup (50 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice 2 tsp (10 ml) lemon juice
- ¼ tsp (2 g) salt ¼ tsp (2 g) salt
In the bowl of a stand mixer, using the whisk attachment, whip mascarpone cheese and butter until smooth. Add heavy cream, the Redpath® Granulated Sugar, lemon juice, and salt. Start on slow speed until it just comes together, slowly increasing the speed to high until mixture becomes thick; about 5 minutes.
Transfer to a jar with a tight fitting lid or an airtight container and chill in the refrigerator until ready to use. Can be stored in the fridge for up to a week.
*Place bowl and whisk attachment into the freezer to chill. This ensures the heavy cream stays cold and whips up properly.
*For maximum volume and smoother texture, ensure heavy cream is cold (straight from the fridge, if possible) when whipped.
*Use as a spread on scones, toast, or to garnish fresh summer berries.
Corresponding recipe: Vanilla Earl Grey Scones