Asparagus Fries with Chipotle Dip
What you need for the asparagus fries
- 3 lbs (1,762 g) asparagus, cleaned and bottom ends trimmed
- 3 large egg whites
- 1 ½ tbsp (22 ml) mayonnaise
- 2 cups (120 g) panko breadcrumbs, lightly crushed
- 2 tbsp (1 g) thyme, chopped
- ½ cup (62 g) parmesan, shredded
- cooking spray
What you need for the chipotle dip
- 1 cup (250 ml) sour cream
- ½ cup (120 ml) mayonnaise
- 1 ½ tbsp (18 g) Redpath ® Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chipotle in adobo, liquid
- half a lemon, juiced
- ¼ tsp (5 g) salt
How to prepare the asparagus fries
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ (190℃). Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- In a shallow baking dish, whisk together the egg whites and mayonnaise.
3. In a separate shallow baking dish, combine the panko bread crumbs, chopped thyme, and parmesan cheese.
4. Dip each asparagus spear in the egg and mayonnaise mixture until it's throughly coated and then press the spear into the breading mixture. Transfer the breaded asparagus to the prepared baking sheet. Repeat the process with the remaining asparagus spears, spacing them about 1 inch (2.5 cm) apart on the baking sheet.
5. Lightly spray the asparagus with cooking spray and bake them for 15 to 20 minutes or until golden brown and crispy.
6. Remove the asparagus fries from the oven and serve them immediately with the prepared chipotle dip.
How to prepare the chipotle dip
- Combine all the ingredients in a bowl and stir until completely mixed. Keep in the fridge in an airtight container.
- Prepare the chipotle dip while your asparagus fries are baking.