Sucre à la crème
What you need:
- 1 cup (200 g) Redpath ® Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup packed (220 g) Redpath® Golden Yellow Sugar
- 1 cup (136 mL) heavy cream (35%)
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon (14 g) unsalted butter
How to prepare:
1. Line the bottom of an 8x8 square pan with plastic wrap or parchment paper, letting it hang over each side.
2. In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the sugars and cream, stirring together to combine.
3. Cook in the microwave for 4 minutes, then stir and cook for another 4 minutes. Note: The cooking time may vary depending on the wattage of the microwave you use.
4. Add the vanilla and butter and beat at high speed with an electric mixer until it thickens and loses its gloss, about 2 minutes.
5. Spread in the prepared pan, spreading it evenly. Cover and refrigerate for about 30 minutes or until the fudge is firm. Remove from the pan and cut into squares.
- Be sure to use an electric hand mixer to give you an ideal soft texture. A hand whisk doesn't allow you to incorporate enough air fast enough.
- This candy treat gets better with age. Let it sit at room temperature for 2 days, covered, for best results.