Peach Mango Jam
What you need
- 2 cups peaches (4 - 5 medium sized peaches)
- 1 1/2 cups fresh mango (1 large or 2 small mangoes)
- 2 tbsp fresh ginger (optional)
- 1 kg bag Redpath Quickset for Jam
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
How to prepare
1. Bring a large pot of water to a boil over high heat. Place peaches in the boiling water for 1 minute to blanch them, and remove with a slotted spoon. Run under cold water until cool enough to handle before removing the skins with your hands (they should slip right off). This step is optional, however, and you may leave the peach skins on if you wish, as we did.
2. Slice the peaches and discard the pits. Place sliced peaches into a heavy bottomed pot.
3. Slice the mango flesh away from the pits, then discard the pits. Cut off the skin, then discard. Chop the mangoes roughly, then add to the peaches.
4. Mince the fresh ginger, if using, until very fine.
5. Stir in the minced ginger, lemon juice, and Redpath Quickset.
6. Bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, and continue to boil for another 4 minutes.
7. After 4 minutes, remove from the heat, and skim off any foam. Then transfer the jam into sterilized jars. Let the jam set for at least 24 before serving.