Orange Maple Butter
1 cup of butter
- 1 cup (227 g) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 packets (42 g) Redpath® Brown and Maple Sugars, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 tbsp (4 g) orange zest (about 1 orange)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) orange flavour liqueur
- ½ tsp (1 g) ground cardamon (optional)
Place the butter and 2 packets of Redpath® Brown and Maple Sugars in a bowl. Using a hand mixer mix until light and fluffy.
Add remaining ingredients and mix until just incorporated.
Place butter in the center of large piece of plastic wrap. Roll into a log, using plastic wrap to help. Refrigerate until hardened. When ready to serve, pour remaining package of Redpath® Brown and Maple Sugars on a large plate; roll butter in sugar until evenly coated.
Reroll roll any leftovers in plastic wrap and store in the fridge.
- Switch up the look and flavour of this butter by replacing the orange juice and zest with blood orange juice and zest.
- Add 1 tsp (6 g) grated ginger to add a little spice to this butter.