Maple Hot Chocolate with Spiked Whipped Cream
For the Spiked Whipped Cream
- ½ cup (125 ml) 35% whipping cream
- 1 (14 g) packet of Redpath® Brown & Maple Sugars
- 1-2 tbsp (15-30 ml) bourbon
For the Maple Hot Chocolate
- 2 ½ cups (625 ml) 3.25% milk
- ⅓ cup (35 g) dark cocoa powder
- 2 (14 g) packets of Redpath® Brown & Maple Sugars
- 1 tbsp (10 g) corn starch
- ¼ tsp (1 g) salt
For the Spiked Whipped Cream:
Place whipping cream, Redpath® Brown & Maple Sugars and bourbon in a medium bowl. Whip, using a hand mixer, until stiff peaks form. Pipe or dollop onto hot chocolate.
For the Maple Hot Chocolate:
Place the cream in a small pot and bring to a light simmer over medium-low heat.
Whisk together cocoa, Redpath® Brown & Maple Sugars, cornstarch and salt. Carefully whisk into simmering cream until well blended. Bring back to a simmer and cook stirring for one minute, or until slightly thickened.
- For an extra special treat add 2 tbsps (30 ml) bourbon to the hot chocolate.
- The cornstarch in this recipe thickens the hot chocolate slightly, giving it a smooth and rich texture
- For an extra indulgent treat use half and half cream instead on 3.25% milk