Curried Carrot and Coconut Soup
What you need
- 2 tbsp (20 g) red curry paste
- 1 tbsp (15 g) vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 2 cm ginger root, grated
- 1 kg carrots, trimmed and sliced
- 2 lemon grass stalks, smashed
- zest and juice of 1 lime
- 2 cups (400 g) coconut milk
- 4 cups (1 L) vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp (45 g) Redpath ® Dark Brown Sugar, packed
- 1 tsp (6 g), salt
How to prepare
1. Heat the oil in a large pan with a lid. Add onion, garlic, ginger, and salt. Cook for three to five minutes until soft.
2. Stir in carrots, curry paste, and lemongrass. Cover and cook on low heat for five minutes, stirring occasionally.
3. Add Redpath® Dark Brown Sugar, coconut milk, and vegetable stock to the pot. Bring to a boil. Then reduce heat to simmer for 15 minutes, or until carrots are soft. Remove from heat.
4. Remove the lemongrass. Use a stick blender or food processor to puree until smooth.
5. Add lime juice and zest to soup, stir and enjoy.