Crème Brulée French Toast
What you need
- 1 baguette loaf
- 7 eggs
- 2 ½ cups (590 ml) whole milk
- 1 ½ tsp (12 ml) vanilla extract
- ½ cup (118 ml) melted butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) maple syrup
- ¼ cup (50 g) Redpath® Granulated Sugar
- ½ cup (100 g) Redpath® Brown Sugar or Golden Yellow Sugar
How to prepare
1. Cut baguette into 1/2" slices. Arrange side by side in a 9 ” x 13 ” oven-safe serving dish.
2. Combine eggs. milk and vanilla in a bowl and whisk to combine. Pour mixture on top of the bread and refrigerate overnight
3. Preheat oven to 350°F.
4. In a medium sized saucepan combine the melted butter, maple syrup, and Redpath ® Brown or Golden Yellow Sugar until integrated. Heat over medium heat. Allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Pour sugar mixture on top of the toast so each slice gets a little bit of sweetness. Bake in the oven for 40 - 45 minutes until brown and puffy.
6. Remove from oven and sprinkle with ¼ cup Redpath ® Granulated Sugar. Put under broiler at 500°F for 5 minutes. Be sure to watch it at all times to ensure the sugar doesn't burn. The syrup should get bubbly and the sugar should be golden brown.
7. Serve immediately.
- Give yourself plenty of time with this recipe because it is best when it is able to rest overnight.